Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Knee Update

I'm happy to report that a large portion of the swelling in my knee has gone down, and the pain gets more manageable every day.  It is still quite achy and it's tricky finding a comfortable position to sit in while I'm in a chair since I can't quite reach a 90 degree bend in the joint yet.  My surgeon wants me at 90 degrees by November 28th, and I'm probably at about 75-80 or so if I were to guess (a vast improvement even over last week where I was at about 60-65).

One thing I'm not overly happy about is the condition of the large incision on my patella.  The suture tape finally came off and I was anything but happy to see how it's healing.  From what I can tell it looks like the incision was taped too tight and now it is healing in a pretty horrific 'puckered' fashion.  I'll embed a picture so you can see what I'm talking about, but be warned, it is pretty gross.

I don't know if this is common with suture tape, but I'm hoping the puckering goes away or at least reduces in the next few weeks, as it is pretty ghastly to say the least.

Other than that minor aesthetic setback, everything is going pretty great all things considered.  My strength is returning, my flexibility is on track, and today is the first full day without any percocet at all.  I have two left to save for the first couple physio appointments (this week Tuesday and Thursday) just in case I come home and feel like chewing my leg off from the pain (lol).

More updates as they happen!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you're right, that is a bit of a graphic post, lol. Good to hear that the recovery is going well though. I know you were very nervous about going to physio, but I heard that it turned out a bit better than you thought.

    Is it weird that I thought of Saw when I read about you chewing off your leg, lol.

    I'm free this week to help out with anything if you need it. Groceries, cleaning and cooking seem to be my home-making specialities.

    Phone number is 226-792-4848 if you want to text me at all.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex :) I might take you up on that just to curb this suffocating boredom lol

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated. Rude, solicitous, or spam comments will be deleted.